Thursday 20 August 2015

Nicolas Otamendi excited Manchester City spot

United target Argentine Nicolas Otamendi appeared in 35 La Liga matches for Valencia in 2014-15.Nicolas Otamendi is looking forward to a "beautiful" battle to win a place in the Manchester City back four after completing his £31.5 million move from Valencia.

City manager Manuel Pellegrini Otamendi described as the best defender in La Liga last season. But the Argentina international, who has signed a five-year deal at the Etihad Stadium, conceded he faces a fight to get in the Premier League leaders' starting XI as he spoke highly of his three main rivals.

"I am very happy because I am coming to an amazing club," Otamendi told City's official website. "I am signing for a club that looks wonderful from outside. Now [I have] the opportunity to enjoy it from the inside. It is a huge joy for me.
"I've been lucky to give my best in every club I have played for throughout my career, but every player wants to improve and go higher and higher. Today I am here at City and I am going to try and do my best.
"Kompany is one of the best central defenders in the world. Demichelis is here because he is a great player, [so is] Mangala. They are players that every team in the world would like to have. It is a beautiful thing in football to compete with your own teammates."
 And he revealed that
 "I spoke with Alvaro and he told me wonderful things about the club," Otamendi said. "The same with [Bruno] Zuculini [who was on loan at Valencia last season]. They told me this is a great club, a wonderful place to play and all the people are very kind. The kitmen, everybody, all the people are very kind."

"On the pitch I am a player with a lot of personality," he said. "I like to have all the lines well organised in defence to allow the midfielders and strikers to attack without worries. I like to keep defensive order in the team.
"With the important players we have in attack, it is a big help to stay ordered behind to avoid conceding goals. I am a player who loves fighting for every ball. I try to play hard to win the ball. That is something basic for a defender. I give all I have in every game."

No comments:

Post a Comment