Monday 17 August 2015

Louis van Gaal backs Wayne Rooney for Manchester United to strike

He said in a news conference: "All the media has advised me for one year that I have to put him [Rooney] in the striker's position, so it is very amazing that after two matches you are doubting your own opinion. I cannot understand that.

"I have always confidence in my players but we don't have only Wayne Rooney in the striker's position. We have Adnan Januzaj. He played in the USA [on United's pre-season tour] in the striker's position. I have given him that chance and he has shown he can do that.
"We have Chicharito [Hernandez] and we have Wilson, so I don't think we have a lack of strikers."
 
Van Gaal was asked whether he should consider using Juan Mata, who has played as a right winger and set up Januzaj's winner at Villa, as a No. 10 to improve the supply line.
"Maybe you can ask the board of Manchester United if you are the trainer-coach or the manager and then you can discuss it with your staff," he replied. "I don't discuss it with the media."

No comments:

Post a Comment