Wednesday 30 September 2015

Neymar:Barca does not need a saviour, we need character...

Since Lionel Messi's injury, Luis Suarez has scored the winner in each of Barcelona's two victories, including Tuesday's 2-1 triumph over Bayer.Neymar said an unhappy Camp Nou atmosphere made it "more difficult" to come back to beat Bayer Leverkusen 2-1 in Tuesday's Champions League Group E clash.
 "It is difficult when the fans are not with you, but we know they want more from us," Neymar said.
"We will try and do what we can. I am very happy with the win. We suffered, suffered a lot to win the game, but the important thing was to win and we did everything to score the goals and in the end we won."

 Luis Suarez capped off Barcelona's scintillating comeback with a sizzling right-footed strike in the 82nd minute.
"Barca does not need a saviour, we need character and the team deserves praise for coming back against Leverkusen," Suarez said. "Scoring a goal makes you even happier, but above all the team's won.
"There are also always extra demands when someone like Messi is not there. Nobody is going to want to imitate Leo. Now the forwards who are there, Neymar, Sandro, Munir and myself, we must try and make sure we take the chances we get."
Suarez said that Messi would nevertheless need support from teammates and fans to help him through his recovery time.
"Leo is mentally strong," the former Liverpool player said. "He knows the injury was nothing to do with him. Although he is strong, we must help to lift him so that he returns to make the supporters happy."
 Neymar also admitted "[Messi] is fundamental and of course you notice him not being there," he said. "He is the best player in the world, makes chances and whenever a player of that quality is out we feel it."

 "No," he said. "I just do my work. We have to know how to win without him, and to win with him when he returns. We are all leaders. I did what I could on the pitch, helped my teammates to try and make chances."

 "No," he said. "I just do my work. We have to know how to win without him, and to win with him when he returns. We are all leaders. I did what I could on the pitch, helped my teammates to try and make chances."

No comments:

Post a Comment