Friday 4 September 2015

Perez unsure if David De Gea will sign for Real Madrid ever

"After what happened I have not spoken to De Gea but [Real Madrid general director] Jose Angel Sanchez did.
"I was told that he was very affected because he had high hopes of joining Real Madrid."

De Gea was expected to replace long-serving Madrid keeper Iker Casillas when the Spain international left for Porto earlier this summer.
Perez said: "De Gea will be Iker's successor. I don't know if [that will be] at Real Madrid but I'm certain he will be in the national team."
Real goalkeeper Keylor Navas was due to head to United as part of the De Gea deal, but the Costa Rica international ultimately remained at the Bernabeu.
It has been reported in Spain that Navas could be handed an improved contract following the breakdown of his move.
Perez said: "Keylor didn't know anything until the [Aug.] 31 because no one knew anything. Only what the newspapers were saying.
"We like him, if the transfer had gone through it would have been good for everyone. Jose Angel Sanchez spoke with Keylor, I did not. It was a negotiation and it seemed right to everyone."

He added: "No matter what happens in Madrid, there is always a storm of criticism toward me and it is always the same people.
"I feel like I am being attacked by a lot of people who want to have influence at Real Madrid. Everyone can have an opinion, but they want us to put in the coach that they want, the player that they want.
"I know it is the price for being the president of Real Madrid. For Real Madrid everything is critical. We win 5-0 and people say, 'Why didn't Cristiano [Ronaldo] score?', they talk about his face. Madrid always loses.
"They criticise me because I am the president. In Barcelona people are surprised that the Madrid media treat Madrid this way. The rest of the world doesn't understand how something so valuable, with this kind of image and this kind of prestige, can be treated this way by the local media."

No comments:

Post a Comment