Friday 4 September 2015

Mats Hummels: money not everything

Mats Hummels has said "Money will never play a decisive role in a move," he told Frankfurter Rundschau.

"Those were just my thoughts at the time. And I received enormous feedback," Hummels said as he reflected on the kicker interview which started the United rumours in March, leading to a backlash on social networks.
"I also got a lot of negative reactions, even though I did not leave the club. You get to know a few more insults. I have been at Dortmund for eight years now, and I am certainly not someone who has to prove that he doesn't bunk off like that."

"I was injured after World Cup, returned, and got injured again," he said. "I never really got into the necessary rhythm, and it caused a certain dissatisfaction. Then it was difficult to discipline myself. Sadly, I did not achieve that.
"I might have put on four extra kilos, but those four kilos can lead to being that one step to slow. I was not able to pull myself out of it immediately, because I also had to cope with the fact that I had the best year of my career until July 2014 and the worst from September on. I only returned to a shape I wished for in the second half of the season."
With few international distractions this summer, Hummels and most of his BVB teammates enjoyed a full preseason under Tuchel.
"I did not miss one session, and I'm in good shape," the defender said. "On top of that, there is different hunger in the squad compared to the first half of last season."

No comments:

Post a Comment