Tuesday 15 September 2015

Louis van Gaal;Man United must show they can win in Champions League

"We have to show on the pitch if we are able to win matches at the highest level," he said
"That is also a challenge for us. Last year we were fourth in the Premier League and we qualified ourselves this year. That was our aim.

"Now we have to show if we are on that level. I don't know. I have to wait and see. I think the Champions League is a higher podium than the Premier League."

While Van Gaal is a former Ajax manager, he is confident he will get a good reception from their rivals PSV, partly because he helped Netherlands finish third in the World Cup.
"I am also a national coach manager," he said. "When I came here the people were very nice and wanted a picture with me so I don't think that is bad.
"For me it's a difficult ground. I didn't win so much here. Also when I was manager of Barcelona, I didn't win here. I didn't win here much with Ajax. Maybe I won here with AZ?"
 "I am not a supporter of that," he said. "I always play with my best team."

No comments:

Post a Comment