Monday 31 August 2015

Cat Takes a Bullet for Three-Year-Old

Hero Cat Takes a Bullet for Three-Year-Old, Saves His LifeWhen a stray bullet flew into the window of Angelica Sipe's home in York, Pennsylvania, she thought immediately of her three-year-old son. Had he been hit?

“It took me a second to realize what just happened. The first thing I did was check on my son and he was sound asleep. Then I saw my cat on the floor, and that's when I realized my cat was shot,”

The bullet hit Opie, who was lying on the couch, flying through “the top of his head, out the bottom of his neck, and back into his shoulder and out his armpit rib area.”
The bullet then ricocheted off the couch and across the room, landing just inches from Sipe's son, Daemire.
Sipe believes that Opie saved Daemire's life by taking the bullet. After surgery and treatment in an emergency clinic, the cat is expected to survive the gun shot wound, despite some muscle damage (and a $1000 vet bill.)
“I wanted to keep him. He was my son's little hero, so I need to keep him around,” Sipe said. 

No comments:

Post a Comment