Sunday 22 September 2013

Sacked Nigeria Info OAP, Matse Uwatse Clears The Air On Why She Was Fired

Pregnant On Air Personality, Matse Uwatse
Nnoli, who’s service to top radio station,
Nigeria Info was terminated a couple of weeks
ago has come out with an official press release
to clear the air on reasons why her job was
stripped off her.
Rumors earlier has been rife, that Uwatse was
fired due to her acrimonious personality, with
many cleary disclosing that she was terribly
rude, had a scorching bad attitude to work and
colleagues, and displayed indiscipline at every
turn.
Bu now Uwatse has moved to clear the air,
speaking in a 414-worded statement, she has
blamed her termination on the inability of her
corporation to be reasonable with her heavy
condition, choosing to fire her without due
process.
Below is her full statement.
Dear all, compliments of the day to you.
I believe a lot of you must have heard of the
recent termination of my job as an OAP (On
Air Personality) on 99.3 Nigeria Info Fm. Well,
it is true.
I have read on several blogs that I was sacked
for being arrogant, rude etc. Even recently
that I lacked discipline. If I lacked discipline, I
wouldn’t be successful in my career. I believe
discipline, integrity and honesty goes hand in
hand with true success. Ask those who have
met and known me and they will tell you that
this is what I live for. I am not perfect, I have
made mistakes but who is perfect?
I prefer to be silent on matters like this but
since silence is assumed to be consent, I will
not consent to my hard earned reputation
being dragged to the gutters. I worked too
hard for it.
On the 2nd of September 2013 while on
admission at First Consultant Medical Centre,
Lagos. I received an email while on my sick
bed, announcing my termination. Honestly, I
was not angry but a bit shocked. I had been
too sick lately due to my pregnancy and was
not at my best but I expected my company to
be supportive of me. Yes, I wanted them to be
supportive of me because I had worked hard
over the years to bring them much glory.
I know that I will see all sorts of articles and
comments to discredit me but I simply ask this
of you all. If you have ever met me and I was
unpleasant to you, feel free to vent but If you
don’t know the real me and all you have heard
are insinuations, hold your peace.
I love people and always wish them well. My
mentees and honest colleagues will testify to
this.I love progress because I believe the sky is
big enough for all the birds to fly. AIM
Consultants. I am not mad at you. I believe
when one door closes, another one opens. I
have served you well over the years, brought
you accolades. So please, let me go in peace
and insiders in the Organisation who do not
like guts should not use it as an opportunity to
tear me down. I am a good person and YOU
ALL KNOW THIS!
God bless AIM Consultants, I learnt a lot from
you and I am grateful. God bless us all!
Matse Uwatse Nnoli

No comments:

Post a Comment